Friday, February 27, 2009

the remnants of hope

i see cupid about to shoot
his arrow is steady and he looks mean to boot
this time im surely screwed

thy eyes are unbeknownst to my deepest
my haunting cries of weherewithal ended
my solitude screaming for survival
it's brand image suspended

he aims at me he shoots
or at least he tries
i have dived behind a tree
but he got my ankle

it is a quite fortunate twist of fate
that Archillies wasn't me and i him
for then i'd have died no matter what glory came
and he'd have fallen hopelessly in love
with some magnamulous dame

Some hopeless witchcraft meant to trap and bound
some hopeless

huh
some hope.

4 comments:

  1. Whaaat? He isn't THAT bad...
    Surely you see _some_ merit in what he dishes out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Jerry? A believer in cupid? :P What madness have we here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupids taste nice. Especially if you add some oyster sauce towards the end.

    ReplyDelete